Litchfield, August 18, 2022 – Call for projects – Regions and Rurality Fund Component 4 – Support for vitalization
The MRC Pontiac has made available to Pontiac organizations up to a maximum of $2.5 million dollars for the realization of structuring projects aimed at the vitalization of the territory as defined in the vitalization framework developed by the MRC’s vitalization committee and adopted by the MRC’s Council of Mayors.
The objectives of the FRR component 4 – Support for revitalization are as follows:
- Encourage the mobilization of elected officials and municipal administrations to address specific vitalization challenges;
- Encourage collaboration between regional government departments and agencies, MRCs and local municipalities facing these challenges;
- Supporting the implementation of vitalization initiatives in the territory concerned;
- To improve services or facilities for the population, through the realization of convincing projects, particularly in the economic, social, tourism or cultural fields.
The objectives must converge towards the three main axes of vitalization, which are as follows:
- Axis 1 – Retention of the population and attraction of new residents
- Axis 2 – Cohesive renaissance of the territory
- Axis 3 – Transportation development
Non-profit organisations, cooperatives, band councils of aboriginal communities and municipalities and private businesses are invited to contact the MRC Pontiac’s vitalization agent, Mr. Ken Bérubé:
- By phone at (819) 648-5689 ext. 306
- By email at email@example.com
In order to submit a complete and proper application, you are invited to read the documents available on the MRC website. The vitalization officer can also provide assistance in the implementation of projects.
Project proposals will be accepted starting August 18, 2022 and MUST be received no later than 12:00 p.m. on September 30, 2022.
For more information about this program and to view the application form, please visit the MRC Pontiac website at: https://mrcpontiac.qc.ca/en/regions-and-rurality-fund-frr-component-4-support-for-vitalization-and-intermunicipal-cooperation/
‘’I am delighted with the plans of our vitalization committee using the generous transfer of funds from the Provincial government in order to revitalize the Pontiac with exciting projects. We will ensure that every dollar is spent wisely’’ said Jane Toller, Warden of the MRC Pontiac.