PROVINCE OF QUEBEC
REGIONAL COUNTY MUNICIPALITY OF PONTIAC
PUBLIC NOTICE: SALE OF IMMOVABLES FOR NON-PAYMENT OF TAXES
NOTICE is hereby given by the Regional County Municipality of Pontiac, that the immovables hereinafter described will be sold at public auction, at the Bryson Lion’s Hall located at 660 rue principal, in Bryson, Québec, on the ninth day of September, two thousand and twenty-one (September 9, 2021), at 10:00 a.m., to satisfy the payment of municipal and/or school taxes, interest and costs of the sale, unless such taxes, interest and costs have been paid prior to said date.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, special measures will be in place for the conduct of the sale to ensure the safety of all participants.
- Only those registering to bid on a property will be admitted and no observers will be allowed to attend the sale;
- The total number of people admitted to the building will be in conformity with the maximum capacity of the room in accordance with public health regulations; The sale may be split by municipality so that only those interested in bidding on a property in that municipality are admitted to the room. The sale could also be split by property depending on the number of interested persons;
- In such a case, the other people will then have to wait their turn outside the building, staying in their car or bringing clothes accordingly. A signal will be given to people outside at the appropriate time to direct them to come inside;
- To facilitate the process, you are asked to fill out the registration below form in advance and to bring it with you on the day of the sale;
As indicated on the registration form, two pieces of identification are required, one with a photo. You will need to have these pieces of ID with you on the day of the sale.
- People in attendance will be required to wear a mask when entering the building and when moving around the building and to observe the physical distancing rules in effect. The room will be arranged accordingly;
- Other measures may be in place on the day of the sale.
NOTICE IS ALSO GIVEN THAT
- The immovables so sold will include the buildings and outbuildings when built, as well as all active, passive, apparent or hidden servitude affecting the properties.
- The buildings will be sold without any legal guarantee, at the risk and peril of the buyer.
- For any information regarding zoning, please refer to the concerned municipalities.
- The auction price must be paid immediately by bank draft, payable to the ¨Municipalité régionale de comté de Pontiac or in cash (maximum amount of $7,499.00), failing which the property will be put up for sale immediately. In some cases, the Federal Goods and Services Tax (GST) and the Quebec Sales Tax (QST) will apply; a successful bidder who is registered for GST and QST will be required to provide these registration numbers at the time of the auction to avoid having to pay these taxes immediately.
- All bidders will be required to present two (2) pieces of valid identification, one (1) of which must feature A photograph. Any person bidding on behalf of another person must present a copy of the document authorizing him to act, either a power of attorney, as a representative of an individual, or a resolution of the board of directors, as a representative of a legal entity, which legal entity must also be in good standing in government records. Such representative shall present two (2) pieces of valid identification, one (1) of which shall feature a photograph. If the required documents are not provided, the property will be put up for sale immediately.
- All immovables so sold shall be subject to the one (1) year right of withdrawal provided for in Section 1057 of the Québec Municipal Code.
- Any payment may be made prior to the sale by bank draft payable to the ¨Municipalité régionale de comté de Pontiac¨, in cash (maximum amount of $7,499.00), Interac debit and electronic transfer until September 3, 2021. You are asked to contact Jessica Soucie at 819 648-5689 ext. 233 or by email at email@example.com
- PLEASE NOTE THAT ADMINISTRATION FEES ARE APPLIED FOR EACH PROPERTY IN ADDITION TO THE AMOUNTS ALREADY REGISTERED.
For more information on the auction process, you can consult the following document;
Updated list of properties for sale: