Public notice of the revision of the list of electors
Regional County Municipality (RCM) of Pontiac
Date of the poll November 7, 2021
By this public notice, BERNARD ROY, returning officer, announces the following to the electors of the municipality.
- The municipal list of electors was filed with the office of the RCM on OCTOBER 8th.
It is currently under review.
- In order to vote, you must be entered on the list of electors.
- You have the right to be entered on the list of electors if:
- You will be 18 years of age on polling day.
- On September 1st, 2021:
- you had the Canadian citizenship;
- you were not under curatorship;
- you had not been convicted of a corrupt electoral practice in the previous five years.
- In addition, you must meet one of the following two conditions on September 1st, 2021:
- Be domiciled on the territory of the municipality and for at least six months in Québec.
- For at least 12 months, own an immovable or occupy a business establishment located on the territory of the municipality;
NOTE: If you are not domiciled in the municipality and want to exercise your voting right, you will need to send an application for entry or a power of attorney, as the case may be, to the returning officer.
- You will be able to consult the list of electors and, if you are an elector domiciled or not domiciled in the municipality, submit an application for entry, striking or correction before the board of revisors at the following location, on the days and during the hours indicated.
[table id=42 /]
- If you are an elector domiciled in an unorganized territory (T.N.O) of the RCM, apply for registration, striking or correction before the board of revisors at the place, days and times indicated below.
Municipalité de Mansfield-et-Pontefract
300, rue Principale (Route 148) à Mansfield
19 octobre de 10h00 h à 17h30
20 octobre de 19h00 à 22h00
- Any person who wishes to apply for registration of a person domiciled in the territory of one of the municipalities mentioned in the preceding table or in the unorganized territory of the RCM must indicate the previous address of the domicile of such person and present two documents: one indicating the name and date of birth of the person and the other, his or her name and domicile address.
- You may submit a written application for entry, correction or striking from the list of electors to the returning officer if you are domiciled in one of the unorganized territory of the RCM and you are in one of the following situations
- You are domiciled or lodged in an eligible health establishment.
- You are unable to travel for health reasons or you are a caregiver domiciled at the same address as such a person.
- You will be 70 years of age or older on polling day.
- You must comply with an order or recommendation for isolation from public health authorities because you:
- returned from a trip abroad within the last 14 days;
- were diagnosed with COVID-19 and you are still considered a carrier of the disease;
- are showing COVID-19 symptoms;
- have been in contact with a suspected, probable or confirmed case of COVID-19 within the last 14 days;
- are waiting for a COVID-19 test result.
This application must be accompanied by a copy of two documents: one showing your name and date of birth and the other showing your name and domiciliary address. If you are domiciled or you lodged in an eligible health establishment1, these documents may be replaced by an attestation from a staff member confirming your identity and place of residence.
To obtain the required forms, contact the returning officer. He must then have received them no later than October 20th at 10 p.m.
- If you are in one of the above-described situations, and you are entered on the list of electors, you can also vote by mail. To do this, you must make a verbal or written request to the returning officer no later than October 27th, 2021.
If you are requesting to vote by mail because you must comply with an order or a recommendation from public health authorities to isolate, your application will be valid only for the current election. If you are in any other of the above situations, your application can only be made as of October 17th, 2021 and will be valid for the current election and any subsequent reruns.
- You can contact the returning officer at the following address and telephone number listed above.
Lac Nilgaut (T.N.O.)
MRC de Pontiac
602, Route 301 Nord in Campbell’s Bay
819-648-5689 poste 212
 Eligible health establishment are hospital centres, CHSLDs, rehabilitation centres and private seniors’ residences listed in the register established under the Act respecting health services and social services (chapter S-4.2) and hospital centres or reception centres within the meaning of the Act respecting health services and social services for Cree Native persons (chapter S-5).
Given in Litchfield
October 8, 2021
Bernard Roy, Returning officer