Regional County Municipality (RCM) PONTIAC
Polling day November 7, 2021
By this public notice, Bernard Roy the returning officer, announces the following to the electors of the RCM.
1. The seat of warden is open for candidates:
2. Any nomination papers for this seat must be filed at the office of the returning officer (or the assistant designated to receive nomination papers, where applicable) on the following days and times:
From September 17 to October 1, 2021.
(Monday) From (8 a.m.) to (12 p.m) From (1 p.m.) to (4 p.m.)
(Tuesday) From (8 a.m.) to (12 p.m) From (1 p.m.) to (4 p.m.)
(Wednesday) From (8 a.m.) to (12 p.m) From (1 p.m.) to (4 p.m.)
(Thursday) From (8 a.m.) to (12 p.m) From (1 p.m.) to (4 p.m.)
(Friday) From (8 a.m.) to (12 p.m) From (1 p.m.) to (4 p.m.)
Important: On Friday, October 1, 2021, the office will be continuously open from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
3. If you are an elector who is domiciled or not domiciled in a local municipality on the territory of the RCM, you must consult the public notice of election of this municipality to know the polling days and hours.
4. If you are an elector who is domiciled or not domiciled in an unorganized territory of the RCM, and there are more than one person wishing to be a candidate for this seat, you may exercise your voting right by presenting yourself, between 9:30 a.m. and 8:00 p.m., to your assigned polling station on the following dates:
Polling day: Sunday, November 7, 2021
Advance polling day: Sunday, October 31, 2021
|Exceptional measures related to the health situation
(vote by mail – COVID-19) 5. You can vote by mail if you are in one of the following situations:
To vote by mail, eligible electors must make a verbal or written request to the returning officer no later than October 27, 2021.
The ballot papers for voting by mail will be sent as of October 13th,2021.
If you are registered to vote by mail and you have not received your ballot papers a few days after their sending, you can contact the returning officer to obtain new ones.
Ballot papers must be received at the office of the returning officer no later than Friday November 5th, 2021, at 4:30 p.m.
If you are requesting to vote by mail because you must comply with an order or a recommendation from public health authorities to isolate, your request will be valid for the current poll only. If you are in situation other than those above, your application will be valid for the current poll and any recommenced proceedings arising from this election.
 Eligible health establishment are hospital centres, CHSLDs, rehabilitation centres and private seniors’ residences listed in the register established under the Act respecting health services and social services (chapter S-4.2) and hospital centres or reception centres within the meaning of the Act respecting health services and social services for Cree Native persons (chapter S-5).
6. The following person was appointed as election clerk: Natacha Guillemette
7. You can contact the returning officer, at the following address and telephone number.
Address 602, Route 301 North in Campbell’s Bay
Telephone 819-648-5689 poste 212
Bernard Roy, Returning Officer
Given in Litchfield on September 2nd, 2021.