LOCAL TOURISM AMBASSADOR
Seeking new challenges this summer? Are you looking for a dynamic team capable of achieving great things in these uncertain times? Join the team of the Regional County Municipality (RCM) of Pontiac and you will have the chance to participate in exciting and diversified projects.
The Regional County Municipality (RCM) of Pontiac is in the southwestern part of the province of Quebec on the banks of the majestic Ottawa River, which forms a natural border with Ontario. It is known for its rich natural resources, built heritage and cultural diversity. The Pontiac has a population of close to 14,000, of which approximately 57% are English-speaking, spread over 18 municipalities and an unorganized territory of 9,000 km2.
Under the supervision of the tourism officer, the local Tourism Ambassador will be responsible for welcoming visitors, providing tourist information, writing and managing a blog and updating the Tourist Information Bureau (TIB) database. This is a very independent position that requires a motivated and autonomous individual with an excellent knowledge of the Pontiac’s various assets and attractions.
- Answering tourism questions; phone, email, social media
- Update the list of tourist attractions, cultural attractions and tourist services on the tourism-pontiac.qc.ca website;
- Maintain and update the TIB database;
- Become a “Discover Pontiac” blogger, do the research, interviews and collect data and photos for a new bilingual series of blogs that will be posted on social media each week (8-10 blogs);
- Phase 2 of the Pontiac’s Route de la Poutine (new photos, meetings/interviews, blogs);
- Stocking Tourist Information Sites with Pontiac tourist maps, Pontiac business guides and Outaouais tourist guides;
- Deliver Pontiac tourist maps to a variety of Pontiac businesses (service stations, tourist sites and restaurants (open);
- Ensure the reception of visitors and clients of the MRC (if it opens to the public this year).
- VERY good knowledge of the Pontiac in general in addition to the tourist attractions;
- Ability to work alone, without much direction;
- Bilingualism essential;
- Good knowledge and very comfortable with the use of social media (Facebook and Instagram etc.);
- Interest in tourism, journalism, photography an asset;
- College studies or in the process of obtaining them (training in administration, marketing or tourism an asset);
- Experience and ability in customer service;
- Availability to work weekends (on a rotating basis);
- Driver’s license and access to a car.
This position is for the summer period up to and including September 2, 30 hours per week. The pay will be $13.10 per hour.
Interested candidates must send their application no later than Tuesday, June 9 at 4:00 p.m. to the attention of the Selection Committee at the following coordinates:
By Fax : (819) 648-5810
By Email : email@example.com
Ambassadeur du tourisme local
602, route 301 Nord
Campbell’s Bay (Québec) J0X 1K0
Thanking all applicants, only successful candidates will be invited for an interview.
In this document, the masculine gender is used for the sole purpose of brevity.