DIRECTOR OF ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
Are you looking for new challenges? Are you looking for a dynamic team capable of achieving great things in these uncertain times? Join the team of the Regional County Municipality (RCM) of Pontiac and you will have the chance to participate in exciting and diversified projects.
Located in the Outaouais administrative region, the MRC Pontiac is made up of 18 municipalities with a total population of 14,200, and covers an area of 14,130 km2. The MRC Pontiac stands out mainly for its support of economic and community development initiatives, its various agricultural production sectors, and its support of tourism and cultural development projects. The MRC Pontiac’s primary focus lies in the many services it offers municipalities in support of their development, and to that end, is recognized for encouraging regional entrepreneurship. Whether you are a fan of the great outdoors or passionate about culture, the MRC Pontiac will charm you with its striking landscapes and its friendly people.
A team of motivated and committed people will support you in your various mandates. Your leadership will inspire a spirit of partnership with both local business people and municipalities.
As part of your mandate, you will have to demonstrate leadership, initiative, and creativity in seizing business opportunities and implementing projects to ensure optimal development management of the beautiful MRC Pontiac region. Your role will be as much to advise and support businesses in their development projects as to ensure growth in all business sectors under development.
With the collaboration of the Director General, and in accordance with MRC Council orientations, you will be responsible for planning, organizing, directing and controlling the MRC’s economic development activities. To this end, main responsibilities consist of the following:
- Create and maintain business relationships with government departments, organizations and institutions, as well as with local and regional partners, while working closely with all municipalities;
- Supervise research and studies to assess the region’s economic development potential and opportunities, as well as market trends;
- Develop and implement support programs (financial and technical) and be on the lookout for any program or subsidy that can help project development and implementation;
- Represent the MRC on different committees and with organizations, and attend various events;
- Work with different MRC Pontiac partners;
- Manage the department’s human and financial resources with a view to mobilizing and empowering employees by encouraging their development and commitment to the job;
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget of the department and ensure an optimal management of the different budgets allotted.
- Develop and ensure the deployment of development projects that meet the needs of the community;
- Prepare and present reports to the regional council of mayors on a monthly basis;
- Manage the loan portfolio for the MRC Pontiac Joint Investment Committee.
- Hold a university degree in a field appropriate to the position, including economics, management, project management, business administration or any other field deemed relevant;
- Have a minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience in management or executive activities with significant achievements. The experience must have been acquired in work environments of similar scope;
- Have an excellent command of the French and English languages, both orally and in writing;
- Possess a very good command of the main computer tools and software (Windows, Microsoft suite);
- Have a good knowledge of provincial programs, the municipal sector and the laws and regulations that govern it is an asset;
- Have a good knowledge of the territory is an asset;
- For staffing purposes, any combination of university education and professional experience in municipal management, or other relevant experience will be considered.
- Possess extensive expertise in recognized economic development approaches, methods and techniques as well as a very good knowledge of the economic issues facing the MRC Pontiac;
- Have a good reputation and credibility in the field of economic development and have previously held key positions in this field;
- Demonstrate concrete achievements in the field of business or entrepreneurship support;
- Demonstrates the skills required for a position where leadership, strategic vision, innovative approach and results-oriented management are essential for success;
- Ability to work in teams and partnerships, both internally and externally
- Ability to lead teams and mobilize partners towards the achievement of common goals;
- Adaptability and openness to change;
- Good business sense;
- Political acumen;
- Customer service skills;
- Ability to manage priorities;
- Team player, good mobilizer, team coach who supports the development of his employees;
- Ability to learn and integrate new information and to quickly understand complex and abstract situations;
- Project management, financial and human resources management skills.
This position is permanent and full-time, 37.5 hours per week. Remuneration will be established according to the MRC Pontiac’s senior management salary scale.
Interested persons must send their application no later than Wednesday, June 3, 2022 at 4:00 p.m. to the attention of Mr. Bernard Roy, at the following coordinates:
By fax: (819) 648-5810
By email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of economic development
602, route 301 Nord
Campbell’s Bay (Québec) J0X 1K0
Thanking all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In this document, the masculine gender is used for the sole purpose of lightening the text.